Dr. Barney Isaac TJ
Current position: Professor, Department of Pulmonary Medicine
Educational qualifications: DNB (Respiratory Diseases)
Training and Achievements:
- Underwent 2 years of specialist training in Respiratory Medicine at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital, United Kingdom, approved by the Royal College of Physicians, UK.
- Special training in Sleep Medicine and Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Special training in Neuromuscular Diseases Clinic.
- Observer Trainee at the Interstitial Lung Disease unit of the Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom.
- Observer at the Cardiac Sarcoidosis clinic.
- Awarded top SAS trainer award for the year 2014, by the Director of Post Graduate Medical Education, Basildon and Thurrock University hospital, United Kingdom, for taking time to teach the juniors and for his enthusiasm and expertise.
- In August 2015, was certified by the Lead Consultant Radiologist at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital, United Kingdom, to be grade 2 proficient in performing ultrasound guided pleural effusions, to practice independently and to train and teach other colleagues.
- Awarded the Dr. J C Kothari Young Scientist award 3rd prize in NAPCON 2008 at Lucknow, India.
- Lifetime member of Indian Chest Society
- Member of European Respiratory Society